The past two years have been very busy, nothing went as planned, but fortunately, a lot of good stuff happened too. I had produced an album for local band Ghost Vortex, which allowed to test my studio setup. Then came Covid-19, and I used the forced break to update the studio so that everything would be ready for future recordings. The technology is almost ready now, so now I'm practicing a bit, as I definitely need to improve my skills a bit before recording anything...
Unfortunately, I was not able to work a lot on the project during the past two months, as I had to spend a lot of time with our new puppy dog. Layla is a great and lovely dog, but I completely forget how time-consuming young dogs can be in the beginning. Luckily things are going quite well right now, and we're having lots of great moments together.
Furthermore, I'm the project manager of our national educational web platform, which means that September is usually quite a busy time for me, as lots of newly implemented features have to be tested at the beginning of the school year.
Next week I will clean up the studio and I will upgrade some stuff, and then I'll probably start recording in late September / early October.
I created a master template for the entire project and made copies of it for all songs, and I imported bounced audio tracks of the files I used during the songwriting process. The next step will be to re-record rough tracks of the bass and the guitars. Songwriting is mostly complete (music, not lyrics), although I still have to write one last song for the album.
Today I uploaded a number of guitar photos as well as information on my self-made guitars that I will use on The Bleeding Outlaw's album. All guitars are operational, I tested and finetuned them this week.